Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October News

Hi Everyone,
     It's hard to believe I've been retired for two years already.  I must say I do miss the people but in no way do I miss the job.  Our lives change, when we retire, so we write new chapters in our book of life.  Tom and I stay busy but now it's with things we like, not have, to do.
     This past weekend Tom, friends and I went to the Oil Festival in Hawkins.  They had a bake and craft sale, for The Methodist Women, a great band named Spruce Hill (I hope they come out with a cd so I can listen to them all year) and Martha and The Holly Lake Cloggers.  The clogging was awesome as usual!
     Some of our upcoming events here will include a duck race and Fall Carnival on November 5th.  On December 4th  the Holly Lake Fire Department (Hook n Ladder) will sponsor Christmas in the Pines.  We all will be so busy planning for the holidays.
     You all should check out my Artfire studio (http:hollyknittercreations.artfire.com) for my new Fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving items.  My new items are done in the beautiful colors of the season.
     I hope everyone has a beautiful day.  It has started to rain here and we are truly thankful for it.  Make sure you check back for my next post.



Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment